SKATE TRAIL RULES
- 1.Skaters 5 years of age or younger must wear a CSA approved helmet while skating. A full cage is recommended but is not required.
- 2.No hockey sticks, pucks, or balls are allowed on the ice.
- 3.No one is permitted on the ice who is not wearing skates. Adults wishing to support their child must walk around the edge of the skate trail.
- 4.Skate aids are permitted on the ice at the discretion of the skate cruiser and or supervisor. Skate aids are not to be used by children or adults who do not need skating support.
- 5.Sleds or toboggans are not permitted on the ice.
- 6.Sturdy strollers are permitted on the ice under the control of a responsible adult who is a competent skater. Collapsible “umbrella" style strollers are too tipsy and are not permitted. The wheels of the stroller must be checked for grit or sand prior to moving on to the ice surface. Children in strollers do not require a helmet.
- 7.Adults are not permitted to carry children while on the ice surface.
- 8.Wheelchairs are permitted on the ice. The wheels must be checked for grit or sand prior to moving on to the ice surface.
- 9.No food or beverages are allowed on to the ice surface. Please enjoy snacks and drinks while seated on a bench or around the campfire.
- 10. Everyone must skate in the same direction.
- 11. No tag, crack the whip or games of horse play.
- 12. The use of electronic devices for listening to music, texting etc. while on the ice is not permitted.
- 13. No smoking. Storybook Gardens is a smoke free environment.
- 14. Visitors wearing skates must be on the ice or rubber mats only. Visitors are not to walk around on the "grass" areas while wearing skates, due to the presence of cords and wires underneath the snow layer.
- 15. The skating patrol staff is on site to enforce these regulations and to ensure a safe skating environment for all patrons. The skate patrol has the authority from Storybook Gardens to have any person(s) not abiding by these regulations to be removed from the facility.
UPGRADE TO OUR BEST VALUE ACCESS PASS: $71.00/PERSON
Admission for one full year PLUS unlimited use of the amusement rides and archery for one full year from the date of purchase. Includes all the same pass holder benefits as our Fun Pass.
Price is shown inclusive of taxes. Amusement rides operate, conditions permitting, daily from Victoria Day in May to Labour Day, then weekends until Thanksgiving. AMUSEMENT RIDES Available from Victoria day to Labour day, and weekends until thanksgiving.
Amusement Rides operate weather permitting.
Carousel -No height restrictions. Parents accompanying a child to support them while riding do not require a ticket.
40 foot Ferris Wheel - Children must be 36 inches tall to ride the Ferris Wheel with an adult and 48 inches tall to ride alone.
Elephant Ride - Minimum height to ride without an adult is 36" children under must be accompanied by an adult and able to sit on their own.
Magic Carpet Slide - Children must be 36 inches tall to ride the slide and must be able to sit on their own.
Springbank Train Ride - No height restrictions. All passengers require a ticket except for children under 24 months.
Swings - Children must be 42 inches tall to ride the swings.